July 26, 2011

Making frugal choices

Phew. Today was a grocery day, which I was not looking forward to because I've had some bad leg/foot pain lately from work. But still, Safeway had some massive good deals right now, and trying to keep things as economical as possible, I needed to get it done.

All in all, it was slow and I was in and out in under 20 minutes (good for me!), with a bounty of deliciousness! And I am undertaking something I haven't done in over ten years---cutting up a whole chicken because they were so darn cheap! I have a feeling I may need to look up a video on YouTube or something for a refresher course. And after that, some stock will be made, a first time for me as well. But some nice chicken and noodles will be the result tomorrow night, even with homemade egg noodles.

I think next week, I may make a foray into canning some jam, or maybe even making some homemade yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment